FixturesWednesday, February 13, 2019 - 11:00 AM
This Saturday 16 February will see the AFLX tournament take place at Pat O’Hara Reserve in Morley.
The Women's and Colts divisions will commence at 10.00am before the Men's Grades kick off at 2.00pm.
The top two teams in each grade will play off in the final except for the Women's Grades where the top team from Women's 1 will play off against the top team from Women's 2 in the final.
The Women's Grade will also see a bronze final match between the two second placed teams in their grade.
All players participating in the tournament must be registered on Sports TG with the Perth Football League club they are playing for in 2019
The AFL has described AFLX as a fast-paced, high-octane version of the game and is being compared by many to Twenty20 Cricket.
Some modifications have been made for the tournament:
- The match is played on a soccer/rugby-sized rectangular field.
- Teams of seven (plus seven on the bench with unlimited rotations).
- Fast, free-flowing footy.
- One umpire, no centre bounces, kick-ins from behind the goal line after all scores.
- Last touch out-of-bounds free kick.
- Two 10-minute halves with a two-minute break at half-time.
- 10 points for goals outside 40m.
- At least two players from each team must start each half inside each 40m area.
- No marks paid on backwards kicks.
A field umpire will be supplied for all matches. Clubs are required to supply a goal umpire who is correctly attired; i.e Orange Midway Ford shirt.
Players must wear the registered playing uniform of their club.
This is a WAAFL sanctioned event and as such participating clubs and players are covered under their JLT insurance policy.
A First Aid Officer will be supplied at the venue. The First Aid Officer will not be available for player strapping and massage. If this is required, clubs are encouraged to provide their own trainer.
Water carriers are not permitted on the field.
For further information, please contact:
Mark Thomas (Bayswater FC President)
0413 333 118