The Perth Football League is committed to supporting our Clubs to navigate the challenges presented by COVID-19.

The PFL endeavours to protect Our People and Our Game to the best of their ability to ensure the continued participation in football

The PFL website is designed to support Clubs to manage their football and venue operations, as well as provide insight into management of positive cases at your club or venue. 

Frequently asked questions

The PFL have compiled a list of frequently asked questions to assist clubs:

  1. Are we required to notify the Perth Football League of COVID-19 cases at our club?

Yes, all cases of COVID-19 within the club environment must be reported via the PFL online form: https://wafootball.forms-db.com/view.php?id=518393

  1. Where do I have to wear a mask?

Masks are required for people aged 8 years and over, and in schools for children in year 3 and above, everywhere indoors, other than in the home, and unless an exception applies.

  1. Are proof of vaccination required?

People are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations when entering certain businesses and venues, either in a digital or paper-based form, along with approved identification, if required. Proof of vaccination is required to enter:

All hospitality venues, food and licensed venues including restaurants, dine-in fast food, cafés, bars, pubs, clubs, taverns, licensed commercial boats.

  1. What happens if someone refuses to show proof of vaccination?
    Clubs must take reasonable steps to ensure patrons do not remain at the premises without producing this proof. There may be penalties for venues and/or patrons who do not meet these requirements. Reasonable steps may include, but are not limited to:
  • Signage at physical premises to inform patrons that proof of vaccination is required for entry.
  • Information and reminders on business websites, social media, and ticketing or booking sites that proof of vaccination required.
  • Informing workers of their obligations to check proof of COVID-19 vaccination status/valid medical exemption) and what to do if someone refuses or is not vaccinated.
  • Using existing security measures to do random checks of patrons.
  • Where there is existing managed entry i.e. nightclub, adequate resourcing at entry points to ensure proof of vaccination is checked.
  • Where there is no existing managed entry i.e. café or pub, vaccination certification is checked as soon as reasonable for example at the point of service.
  1. Does playing in the PFL require proof of vaccination?
    No, community sport does not require proof of vaccination, regardless of where it is held.

    Community sport means organised, community-based team or individual amateur sport played or participated in without payment but does not include activities in the nature of an exercise class which requires payment or a ticket or other form of registration to participate.
  2. Can I purchase takeaway food or drinks without showing proof of vaccination?
    Yes. You are not required to show proof of vaccination if you are purchasing food and non-alcoholic beverage takeaway.

  3. Are regular weekly training sessions or weekend sporting fixtures considered an event, for the purposes of proof of vaccination?
    No, community sport is not included.

  4. Is an ad hoc volunteer who volunteers at a sporting club’s canteen once a week alongside full time canteen staff required to be vaccinated?
    No, however this is subject to a proviso. The Critical Businesses Worker (Restrictions on Access) Directions defines “ad hoc” as no more than once per week so that volunteer would be excluded from the vaccination requirements, unless if in order to carry out activities or provide goods or services that volunteer is required to come within 1.5 metres of the other canteen staff. 

  5. What are the requirements for hospitality venues?

Licensed venues can operate with the following conditions:

  • 2sqm rule applies, up to 500 patrons. The 500 patron limit will apply for 2 weeks only (until 14 April).  
  • Masks are required unless eating or drinking
  • Proof of vaccination is required for dining in.
  1. Do I have to remain seated while eating or drinking?

No. The seated service rule has been lifted.

  1. What are the requirements for community sport?

Community sport is permitted. Community sport includes organised amateur club and recreational sport, in which participants engage largely or entirely without remuneration. This does not include professional sport, whereby participants may be paid for their time competing and training.

There are no limits to spectators outdoors at community sport.

We recommend that players/umpires do not share water bottles

If you would like to see an additional FAQ added to the list, please email PFL via pfl@perthfootball.com.au

Enter your e-mail and subscribe to our newsletter.